Robotics Education

A Blog for my independent study in robotics education. I will post frequently, as all work I write here will be handed in and graded.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mission Statement

What is this blog, you ask?

This blog is exactly what a blog ought to be: it is a log of my activites. More specifically, it is a log of my activities pertaining to an independent study that I am doing for the Fall 2006 semester. The powers that be have deemed that I shall record all of the goings-on during this foray, so I've decided to put it all online in the hopes of grandeur and stardom. Failing that, at least I don't have to worry about losing all of my work to a failed hard drive or lost flash stick.

As to what type of activities I'll be recording, the most significant portion will be on a robotics workshop that I will be conducting in a high school once a week. While that is the primary aspect of this independent study, there will also be a few other things that I'll be doing and subsequently writing on: data entry and analysis (working with PHP in HTML for a SQL database); labwork of some kind, involving programming (I'll have more on that sometime later); and also the formal project proposal, which is due by September 16.

With all of that work to do, there will be plenty to write about, which is a good thing, because at the end of the semester (and two times in the middle), I will be compiling the posts I put up here to hand in as part of the assigned material.

And with that, the posts will commence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home